So, you are one of the many who use Outlook with Google Apps. Up until now Google Apps Sync for Outlook has only been able to synchronise Mail, Contacts, Calendar and fairly recently notes but this has all changed. Google have now released the latest version of Apps Sync (v188.8.131.52) which includes support for Outlook tasks!
The main reason I use tasks in Outlook is because the task list is in one of the most visible places during my working day – right next to my inbox (Outlook 2007/2010 only).
Google Apps Sync will automatically upgrade to the latest version on its next update check, but if you want try out the new Task Sync functionality you can manually update the software here.
Once your tasks are synchronised why not consider downloading an app for your mobile device so you can view and edit tasks on the move. If you have an Android device try GTasks or if you have an iPhone/iPad try GoTasks.
We’ve been wanting to get a blog online for some time but the day has finally arrived! We’ll be including a number of technical posts on here amongst other things.
The other big piece of news is that we are now an official Google Apps Reseller (well it happened a little while ago but hadn’t been announced until now).
What does it all mean?
We are now able to sell one of the best cloud based email and collaboration services available on the market. We even use it ourselves!
A few of the reasons to jump into the Cloud:
- Backup – Google takes backup seriously, if your computer fails your email, contacts and calendar won’t be lost.
- Mobility – your Computer/Laptop/Phone/Tablet will always stay in sync with each other.
- Compatibility – you can use your favourite email program, including Microsoft Outlook.
- Access - your email can be viewed from anywhere in the world (internet connection required).
- Availability - Google Apps guarantees 99.9% uptime for their services.
- Secure – Multiple layers of protection keep your business data safe and secure.
Best of all, you get everything for just £2.75 a month per person!
Get in touch if you’d like to know more.